Thursday, February 08, 2007

J'adore suis a` a`la maison sur une nuit froide froide.

I adore being at home on a cold cold night.

I had a totally shitty day in work today, just full of constant hassle. I don't think I took the phone away from my ear for more than 5 minutes. Anyway I got through the day without loss of limb. If I'm honest I perversely enjoy the buzz of having to sort problem after problem. Unusually these days I stopped off for a pint after work as I felt I needed and deserved one. My day started to look up when Hannah the barmaid in the Marlborough reckoned I was only 37. I think she was only being kind as I have just lent her my copy of Kerouac's "On the road". It's bitterly cold tonight and I was glad to eventually get home and close the door behind and shut out the rest of the world. I put the heating on, go through my usual routine of a bit of exercise and a glass of fruit juice. Then into the kitchen and cook my tea, I made it up as I went along really. I made a tomato sauce with yellow pepper, mushrooms, shallots and some herbs I had lying around. A few drops of Tabasco then poached a chicken breast in it and served it with noodles.

I currently have 5 new albums on rotation. Kristin (of course), Deerhoof, The Shins, The Noisettes and the Hedrons. I put K's album on almost immediately, then switch on my computer (lap top). Whilst alternating between the bubbling tomato sauce and my computer I get this warm "I love being here on a cold night" feeling. I have good home made food, a bottle of wine to sip at, some great new music to listen too and the sites I visit nightly on my computer to rattle round. S-K net, K's site, my e-mail, amongst other less important places. I know there are a couple of messages I need to get sent on my myspace site, thanks again Andy. Then I need to do my review post of the Decemberists gig I went to on Monday.
I decided to post this instead (Decemberists review tomorrow , I hope). I just felt that after a hard day at work and a cold journey home I have this little sanctuary called home where I have all I need to occupy my tiny mind.
I'm a simple 37 year old!!
(Oh! don't ask me why the title is in French, I just stated to say it to myself in that way).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great. Conversely I've been stuck indoors with flu most of this week so I'm itching to get out into the cold :-)

I wanted to ask what the Hedrons are like, I've been reading reviews that have intrigued me, but no word from someone properly 'in the know'!

Je vous merci, monsieur.

Friday, February 09, 2007 10:39:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home