Saturday, December 30, 2006

Mothers 85th Birhtday 25-12-06

Xmas Day. Broad Oak. Rossett.

Not the most flattering photo mother but not bad for 85.

This was the first and last Xmas at Broad Oak, somehow I missed Nayland Ave. In fairness Xmas dinner was superb considering it was the first time Ruth had cooked it on a range stove. No name tags at the table though!!
It was good to have Martin there as he was on good form earlier on. Unfortunately he deteriorated as more alcohol flowed as the day/night wore on. I paced myself well as I'm not as big a drinker these days. Good to have Tom there too, I feel as though I haven't seen Simon in far too long. I think a trip to Sweden is on the cards next year. A thanks to Nathan and Natalie who assisted Ruth with the kitchen duties.

(Ruth & Sue)
Reintroduced this year was the vodka sesh while watching Pete do the washing up. I did miss part of this though due to a photo showing session. I think this is what finally saw off Martin.
As the evening wore on the usual suspects hung around, namely Nath, Nat and myself. Nath and I finally spent the last hours seemingly discussing my chosen path of disassociating myself with most forms of media. Nath found this hard to grasp and we started to argue about it. I think we finished on a we'll have to agree to disagree type thing.
I finally crashed on the settee at 4:45.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home