Sunday, January 14, 2007

Real Crazy Apartment

Telfords Warehouse, Chester 13/1/07.


Been getting withdrawal symptoms, I haven't been to a gig for 4 weeks. I decided to go and check out a local band playing at Telfords (probably the only music venue in Chester).
Real Crazy Apartment, a five piece, standard 2 guitarists one more rhythm one more effects. Drums, bass and vocalist. They played fairly standard indie rock stuff, difficult for me here as I don't know any of their material. The plus sides being they play all their own material. I didn't notice any covers, apart from the encore "Tin Soldier". As a band they were pretty tight and the sound was good. I've seen so many bands down the years that have a bad mix and play incoherently. They all seemed comfortable with their instruments. The bass player can play, the two guitarists are good without being flashy. I hate flashy guitarists who are more show than substance. The singer again has a confidence without being overbearing. The downside the drummer, someone show this guy a vid of Bonham, Moon or Wiess (yes I've seen them all live). It's not that he was technically poor he was there for ride. Could have filled the sound so much more, well that's my opinion anyway.

As a footnote my major gripe for the evening was the friggin' DJ. Ok this is just me but I had to put up with an hour of music the most recent of which was "Planet Clare" by the 52's (one of my fave songs actually) He also played "Move on up" by Curtis Mayfield again one of my favorite songs of all time. BUT THIS IS 2007, PLAY SOMETHING UP-TO-DATE. IF PEOPLE WANT TO DANCE PLAY SOME "GOSSIP" OR "YOU SAY PARTY WE SAY DIE" EVEN "CSS", FOR GODS SAKE. Ok rant over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home