Sunday, January 07, 2007

2007 and Happy new year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

After the retrospective look at last year (possibly the best of my life) lets look forward to the coming one.
Fact is 2006 is gonna be a hard act to follow. Some good signs already though. Kristin's tour in March. Doin' 3 nights in a row Sheff'd, Manch'r & Glasgow. Seeing the Long Blondes and the Noisettes for the first time at the end of Jan/early Feb. Jan 22nd sees the release of the new Shins, Deerhoof, albums plus a new British band The View. 29th is K day "Learn to sing like a star" is out. Two Blood Red Shoes gigs (Man/Liv) plus the Gossip on the bigger stage in Manchester. Oh! and Thea Gilmore in Chester. Yes Chester!!!

Travel wise I have no firm plans as yet (holding out for that one off reunion gig in Portland).
Top of the list so far are a long weekend in Stockholm (I've been there b4 but not the "tourist" bit). Lisbon again I've been to Portugal but not its capital. Also Lebanon, now this is the tricky one. I've done my research over the last few years and when it was looking safe enough, the shit hits the fan and it looks dodgy again. We'll have a look though, I'd prefer to die trying.

Beyond that I can't expect '07 to be as good as last year. So if I set my expectations to normal level and go with the flow of life, we'll be ok. Fact is who could have predicted the events of 2006? Through May/June the year was just going ok then Bham!! Sorry, this is supposed to look forward.
So this is the year that sees the Pigeon Detectives be the new Arctic Monkeys also Little Man Tate, they'll do well. The Xerox Teens too. You heard it here first folks!! Ooo I forgot new Mary Timony material in May. Also new Modest Mouse (including Johnny Marr apparently) and hopefully Laura Veirs, new Deerhoof (on order) Shins (on order) and of course LTSLAS Kristin's new album. I'm nervous about this I want it to be so good, but then she's never let me down.
And lets hope I don't become a gibbering wreck when I meet Kristin for the first time (hopefully).

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

I love how easily (distance-wise) you can travel to all of those countries. Here we are in many ways isolated.

I hope yr this year is as fun and crazy as last year's. Let it never be boring.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 6:56:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home