Sunday, January 14, 2007

Deep mid winter!!


Being an "off work" Sunday I did my usual walk into town. Set my mp3 to a good volume and "shuffle play all". Scarf and jacket and hat at the ready I strode off.

Well talk about global warming. This is Chester, mid January in the middle of winter. I took my jacket off 10 min's into the journey it was that warm. It was an unbelievably beautifull day, too nice if the truth be known. This is supposed to be mid winter, cold ,frosty, dark , dank. At least a bit windy and wet but no cracking the slabs as we say.

I decided to take a few photos while out and about. The top shot is of Eastgate St and the "Clock". Chester tourist board say it is the most photographed clock in the UK (apart from the big one down sarf!). Then we have Chester racecourse, the oldest racecourse in the UK (true). The wall you see is the Roman wall that surrounds the city center.

During my walk into and around town I logged the tunes I got from my shuffle.
Lounge (closing time) - Modest Mouse
W&G - S-K
Money Matters - Rogers Sisters
Magnetic strip - Controller Controller
Gunshot revelry - Keith
Carnival wig - Throwing Muses
Memorize the city - The Organ
Rollercoaster - S-K
Flipside - Kristin Hersh
My son spells backwards - The Victorian English Gentleman's Club
We gathered in spring - Midlake
Gone - Pearl Jam
Beyond the sky - Quasi.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

omg I want to go to Europe! T_T

It's pretty cool that "Money Matters" was on yr shuffle list. :D

word verification: letovbt (let's call if love one beat?!)

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 9:25:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home