Friday, November 09, 2007

The Brunettes & V V C.

Star & Garter, Manchester, 7/11/07.

Didn't have to rush here as V V C had told me they weren't on till 9:30. I got to the S&G about 9:15 ish. I was not sure what other bands were on either. I went straight upstairs to be told proceedings would start in 5 mins. The girl on the door told me the main band was the Brunettes who have just been signed to Sub Pop apparently. I went back downstairs and found Jen, Sian and David were in the downstairs snug. We had a chat for a few minutes then got called upstairs to start. First band on were Billy Ruffian, basic punky stuff but not bad.

VVC were up next. Again Jen and Sian had swapped sides. I keep meaning to ask why they swap but always forget. I quite like the Star & Garter the stage is a good height and the sound is ok for such a small venue.

They were back to top form again here. I think the higher stage suits them more. There were no new songs this time though a straight forward set I'm pretty used to now. Again Ghosts & Ghouls stood out.

As of course did FF, still love that bass line.


The main band this evening was The Brunettes, a band from New Zealand. They are a six piece band who have multi instrumentation. They were ok quite poppy but were very listenable.

I can't give a full opinion because I had to dash off to get my train back home . I think I heard about 4 songs.

I quickly said my goodbye's to Jen, Sian and David and made a dash for the 11:25 train.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

That's a great photo of Jen. Are you mentioning that they should perform in SF every time you see them? If not already, then please start doing so. :P

Thursday, November 15, 2007 7:05:00 pm  
Blogger Slight Male Coyote a life in the day of said...

Ha!
Probably not every time but I have mentioned it a few times. As Ive said we should get them and EE together, I think they would consider it then.

Thursday, November 15, 2007 9:38:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home