Friday, October 12, 2007

Blood Red Shoes.

Liverpool, Barfly, 7/10/07.

Again I'm going to keep the text brief. I got some good pics of BRS this night, I only took a few too, because they were superb and I rocked my ass of most of the gig.
BRS are my second fave (current) band a duo from Brighton (the Portland of the UK it seems?) they're noisy, sometimes erratic but somehow structured. Laura-Mary and Steven are an "item" I believe and this shows as they are so comfortable together onstage and love playing "at" each other. Again I got talking to Sakura (photo girl) as she was there in her role as official photographer. Nice to talk to her again and I gave her an address of a hotel in Manchester to use when she's up there working. I think this is about the 4th time I've seen BRS and they just get better and better. First time I saw them in the N&D there was only myself and another couple up front watching. This night it was fairly packed up front. For a band yet to release an album their reputation is gaining a good momentum, due to the fact that they're good live. Ok and Laura-Mary's cute!!
At one point Laura-Mary jumped to the front on the step of the barrier they have at the Barfly. This shows a new confidence they have as I've not known her to move far from her mic or Stevens drum kit. An unexpected surprise, but a great one.
As I said this is the best I've seen BRS. They are gaining confidence in their ability and taking to their audience more. They have come on heaps in the 18 months since the first time I saw them.
They have just finished recording their debut album which will be out early next year. I feel that will be a top 5 one already.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

Yeah those photos came out ace! I recently heard an interview with a band member who really likes Brighton... gah! I can't remember and it was just yesterday. Oh and Electrelane is from there!

Anyways, that's gotta be pretty rewarding to see them live when they don't have an album out yet. There's one band here called Lemonade that's been playing forever with no cd to take home. Every time I ask, they say they are working on it.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 5:16:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home