Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Pram / Ill Ease

Brudenell Social Club, Leeds, 5/10/07.

Going to keep the text short here as I'm getting predictable and boring.

Ill Ease -

A one woman band from New York who I've been wanting to see for a while. She plays guitar and drums. She plays her guitar riff and loops it then plays her drum beats to it. I really enjoyed her though she only played a short set. I did recognise most of the material though mainly from "All systems a go go" and "Exorcist" her previous two albums.

Pram -

Pram are a strange band. They are from the midlands and are very low key. The best point of ref on them would be a cross between Portishead and early Floyd!. They play almost in total darkness and use background visuals (very early Floyd). A six piece band who make good use of some brass instruments too. Really glad I made the effort to see them as they don't play big tours and are difficult to pin down.

In all a great night. I had a chat with Ill Ease after and asked her which she prefered playing drums or guitar. She thought for a sec and said "drums, always been my first love". I got to sign my cd, and we had a nice chat for a few minutes. The people from Pram just seemed to melt away into the ether, typical.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

"The people from Pram just seemed to melt away into the ether, typical." - heh heh I want to see this band now... while having a massive blast.

Thursday, October 11, 2007 4:11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home