Tuesday, August 28, 2007

V V C @ The B B C.

The Creatures played their first, and hopefully not last, radio session last Friday. They were asked in by Marc Riley for BBC Radio 6 music. They played three songs on Marcs 7pm show. They opened the show with "Wilderness" which sounded really good. I was surprised how good it came over, but thinking logically they were under the guidance of top notch BBC technicians. After each song they had a chat with Marc and came across as the lovely people they are. They played their new song "Ghosts & Ghouls" I don't think they had titled it when I saw them play it in Levenshulme a few weeks ago. They ended on "Faux Feminism", sounding great as usual. At one point Marc said to Jen "that's the chunkiest guitar we've ever had in this room". Jen just said "ace". I know she would have given a thumbs up sign there , I just know she did.
Notice Sian is wearing her EE shirt, class.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I feel a bit bad that I didn't manage to make it to their gig last week. Next time, I swear. I'll try to catch this on listen again though.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 10:56:00 pm  
Blogger Andy said...

I'm dying to catch their show on this side of the pond! Can you nudge them to come this way. ;P I saw on their myspace page the video of their performance and it looks a lot of fun.

Argh, they took down that one song where they shout, "Faker!" or something like that. Tim, do you know what that song is called? It's not on the 7". "Wilderness" sounds fantastic!

Thursday, August 30, 2007 5:02:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home