Saturday, September 15, 2007

Opperator Please

Barfly, Liverpool, 9/9/07.

I wasn't sure about going to this. Operator Please are a young Aussie band who play upbeat pop/punk stuff. Anyway made the decision to go. Got the 5:15 train to Liverpool, being a Sunday I checked the times of trains back. Last train 11:30, so I should be ok for the last train. I couldn't see this one overrunning.
Doors opened on time with a smallish crowd 20 - 30 people gathered. By the time the first band came on a decent (very young) crowd had gathered. K115 were the firs band they were ok a four piece with a lead singer/guitarist who probably played on her sexuality a bit too much for my liking. Though probably a lot of the young guys in the audience had tight pants by the end. Next band I didn't take to as they were too sugary. At this point I actually thought I'd made the wrong decision to come and if the truth be known I considered leaving. I didn't, next band were better, Johnny Foreigner, a three piece who were good and loud. They had good stagecraft without being overt.

By the time Operator Please came on there was a good crowd. It was interesting to see what a good audience they drew as they are not that well known here. Anyway they're a five piece young Aussie band who play with a violinist. They were actually very good and I'm glad I hung on to see them. They really got the crowd going with some good upbeat pop/punk tunes. They were good to watch the lead singer/guitarist was energetic and gave her all. The violinist was a cute little thing and the rest were a solid foil. As I thought they ended well on time and I was able to nip across the road for a quick drink before getting the last train home.
It had been a long tiring weekend but fortunately I was off work Mon so I could have a good rest and recuperate.
Again I saw and had a quick chat with Sakura (photo girl) she seems to do the same shows as me, nice to see her though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

The vocalist of Von Iva, a local band, exudes sexuality but given the nature of the band with its overt sexual themes, it didn't detract from the performance. It was like watching a burlesque show. But yeah, one can definitely overdo it.

Monday, September 17, 2007 10:56:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw a bit of Operator Please a couple of weeks ago whilst waiting for Fight Like Apes to come on, they were quite nice and poppy I thought.

Monday, September 17, 2007 10:59:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home