Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Vile Vile Creatures (again)

Vile Vile Creatures, Levenshulme 28/7/07.

Having done my research as to where the place was and train times etc I got up to Manchester at 7pm. I had to go to the Crown & Anchor first to dump my stuff. I then got the train back out to Levenshulme. I got to the Klondyke at about 8:20 ish just as the Creatures were final sound checking. The place had most of the usual VVC crowd in there so I said my hi's to a few people. I went through into the bar and bought a drink. I came back through and Jen came over to say hi, and that they would be on shortly.
They started fairly soon with Sian sporting her S-K shirt. They were on good form again, and Jen had plenty of room to run around. I was noticeable they had been practising as they seemed much tighter than the last couple of times. A new song was played and shame on me I can't remember its title now. It sounded great though and to me had a Yeah Yeah Yeahs feel to it.
The only problem was the sound was not that good, but I'll forgive them that as the place was not a proper venue so to speak.

They ended with FF with Jen having some problems with the batteries in her megaphone, but they sorted it. Jen said latter that they had been putting in a lot of practice to get ready for their shows in Berlin and London. I told her that they even tighter than normal.

At about 10:30 ish I told them I was going to head back into town to get something to eat. They said they were going in latter and we should met up so I gave David my phone to put his no in. If I wasn't too tired I said I'll give them a ring and meet for drink. After I went back into town and had a quick bite to eat it was only about midnight so I took my phone out to ring 'em. No number! David had forgotten to press "save" after entering his no, Doh!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

Yeah that looks like a small library hall and it's still light out! The last show I went to was Sugar and Gold and they played at 2PM so it was weird leaving the record store still bright and hot.

Anyways, I hope they come this way sometime. I would love to hear them live.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 6:41:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SK t-shirt - check.
Gibson SG - check.
Rainbow guitar strap - check.

What's not to like?!

Thursday, August 02, 2007 7:43:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home