Wednesday, July 04, 2007

A note from Kristin.

About four or five weeks ago, or whatever. Kristin Hersh was touring her album round the States. After playing in the UK and Europe to pretty full venues, certainly the three shows I attended were. Reports were that some of the shows were not as well attended as they should have been. It seems strange to me that she would struggle to fill venues in her homeland, anyway that's not the point here.

Whilst driving through northern Idaho their tour bus broke down in the middle of nowhere. They had to pay for repairs, towing, had to rent other vehicles and transfer their gear. They had to cancel the Minneapolis show and incurred costs for extra accommodation and flights. Another nightmare for Kristin who only a couple of years ago lost her home and most possessions in New Orleans courtesy of Katrina.

Whilst describing their plight on the TMO board, an unusually demure Billy used the phrase "we are destitute". People on the board took it upon themselves to send them money via the "tip jar" they set up for the "Free Music" project a couple of years ago. I duly sent a donation via Paypal. I genuinely believed Kristin needed her fans help here.

I later received a thank you from TMO. They got through the rest of the tour, out of pocket and out of breath.

Tonight in my Inbox I have received a personal thank you from Kristin herself. It isn't an automated mail but sent by Kristin. She must have spent the last 2 months replying to all the TMO ers who donated. She ends her mail saying if there is anything I can do for you let me know.

Just continue making music Kristin, be it 50ft Wave, Throwing Muses or as a solo artist.

Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home