Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Currently Listening to :-


Land of Talk - Applause cheers boo hiss.

As I've mentioned previously I'm loving this 7 song mini album.
Canadian, again, three piece led by singer/guitarist Lizzie.






Hey Lover - Self titled.



Just got this, ordered it ages ago direct
from the band themselves. A two piece garage-punk band from
Portland (center of the universe)





Lonelady - Have no past EP.

Picked this up in Piccadilly records recently. I saw her supporting Quasi last year, she reminded me a bit of Polly Harvey.






Mary Timony - The shapes we make.

The eagerly awaited album from MT. She had a hard act to follow with Ex-Hex. At first I was a bit disappointed with this but after a couple of weeks I'm liking it, I'm sure it's one that gets better the more you play it






Help she can't swim - The death of nightlife.

Still playing this, I found it patchy at first. More accessible than their first album though, less screemy vocals.






Ill Ease - All systems a go go.

Again I've been after some of this girls work for a while. US version of Lonelady I supose. Just got it so yet to form an oppinion first impressions good though.




Ok that's some of the stuff on rotation at the mo, of course I'm playing shed loads of other stuff but these are the new arrivals.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I only recognize Mary Timony from that list. It gets overwhelming sometimes when I realize just how many bands are out there.

Monday, June 18, 2007 8:11:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw Ill Ease about 18 months ago and really enjoyed her set. I've got one of the old records (Illmatic??) which is good, but will have to get this as I'd forgotten about her (unforgivably). She has this song where she goes "Fuck xxx [insert random town]" and I kept yelling "Manchester" but she either couldn't hear me or my accent was too weird for her so she never sang it; more's the pity ;-)

Thursday, June 28, 2007 10:29:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home