Thursday, February 22, 2007

And the winner is - ME

Tuesday 20/2/07.
Sat at home fiddling about checking finances, paying bills and other boring stuff. I was listening to BBC Radio6 music (the best radio station in the UK, I refuse to listen to commercial radio) as I normally do. Gideon Coe announced a competition to win a signed copy of the new Laura Veirs album. An album I had pre-ordered the night before as it happens. I'm not a person that enters comp's, I don't do the lottery or anything to "win" stuff/money ect. Basically an audio (obviously) clip was played of a musician speaking in an interview and people had to mail or text in the identity of said person. As soon as I heard the clip I knew who it was, but I didn't mail in, as I said I don't enter comp's. As the morning wore on Gideon kept reading out mail from people and lots were saying it was Badly Draw Boy. I found myself getting frustrated at this thinking those are badly written e-mails. I finally gave in and sent an e-mail saying it was a clip of Sir Johnny Marr.
Then I was announced as a winner, Yay!!

So today I received this in the post-:

As it happens I do have a signed copy of Laura's last album the beautiful "Year of Meteors"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's pretty funny that you already had another signed album of hers. And I can't believe BBC mailed it in such a flimsy envelope.

Friday, February 23, 2007 7:13:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home