Thursday, April 03, 2008

Kristin in London

Paradoxical Undressing, QEH, London 26/3/08.

As I said I was looking forward to this show. I travelled down by train and got to London about 2ish. I got across to Victoria and to my hotel and out by 3.30. I decided to head towards the south bank and check the venue and get something to eat. The fan meet up was to be around 6 - 6.30 in the venue bar.

(photo by Joseph Lee)http://www.flickr.com/photos/josephlee/

I got something to eat in a nice little restaurant and headed back to the QEH. I got there about 6.20. It turned out there are two bars in the hall and some people were in one whilst the rest in the other.

It didn't seem long before they called for the show to begin and people started filing in and taking their seats. I had a good seat in the second row on Corins side. One thing I found strange was the fact that I had my messenger bag with me and I was not searched in fact there seemed no security whatsoever. I thought security these days was supposed to tight, especially in the heart of London.

The stage was very bare just a stand for K's notes, a mike stand and one for her guitar. Kristin came out wearing completely white which was a good contrast against the redwood stage. (photo by Michael)http://flickr.com/photos/hooberrydooberry/


It was an interesting show K mostly just strummed her guitar whilst reading lines from diary. She occasionally sang full songs of which 'Hook in my head' was a standout. At times I found myself closing my eyes to concentrate on the words. K sometimes has an unusual rhythm to her writings. At first it took me a while to get into the way she presented it. I actually found the the backing projections although interesting a little off putting. Taking in the the prose and the music was enough entertainment

It was a real enjoyable experience though.

The Guardian did a review-http://music.guardian.co.uk/live/story/0,,2268900,00.html

A thanks to Joseph and Michael for the use of their photographs, thanks guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home