Thursday, March 20, 2008

S-K PDX 1 & 2 Footage.

Sometime last month it emerged that there was DVD footage of the two final S-K Portland shows. Kt on the S-K board had kindly put them up for download through a torrent site. For some reason I can't get torrents to work. I need to spend some time working out how and setting my computer to work these things.
Anyway I asked Kt if she could send copy's and she asked Kori who was downloading them to send them on to me. So thanks to both you lovely people, I got them a week or so ago. I think it was Jeff who described the discovery of these as the "holy grail" which amused me. I think for anyone who was at these shows it was not a bad description really. Fortunately the footage is shot from the back of the Crystal Ballroom so there's no embarrassing footage of myself or the main 'hardcore' fans, phew!. Though I think I can spot myself and other people at times.

Having watched them now a couple of times it's really noticeable how different the two shows were. PDX1 was the total rock out one, it sure was a very lively gig up the front there. The ladies did totally rock out this night. Where as PDX2 was the more sing-along play what the people want to hear type show. Though again I do remember it being fairly lively at the front. Of course the end does capture the emotional embrace the ladies had at the end and you you can sense the the emotion in the audience as PDX2 gets towards the end.

All said it's very interesting to have the full shows on disc, they bring back some great memories and a tear or two.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

I still haven't seen them... well, I scanned through it briefly and it looks like a solid production, not just a demo. I definitely had the feeling the two shows were different but I was in totally different places for the two nights. Now I wish I wish it was reversed. :(

Thursday, March 27, 2008 11:21:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home