Saturday, June 02, 2007

Besnard Lakes

Night & Day, Manchester 23/5/07.


Besnard Lakes were the main act that Land of Talk supported.
I've posted separately because I think LoT deserved a post of their own, it was them I was there to see after all.

Ok. BS are a six piece Canadian band. Three guitarists, a bass player, keyboardist and drummer. With all these on stage they create a big sound. Fortunately the sound was good this night, it's normally ok at the N & D to be fair.

The best point of ref I can give for them is the Arcade Fire. I would say they are a slightly more progy AF. Or a poor mans AF, if you like. As I'm not that big on Arcade Fire BL passed me by a little.

There was nothing wrong with them, excellent musicians, good sound, just not for me I'm afraid. If it wasn't for Land of Talk I would not have been there anyway, so I'll treat them as the support band.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home