Saturday, March 03, 2007

First shout of the year.

Ok time to stick my head above the parapet. I'm lovin' this album, and I can't understand why. It's nothing I haven't heard before. Basically four wee girls from Glasgae (note fake Scots accent) who play just basic rock'n'roll really. Think early 80's Brit rock Maiden/Leppard (1st album)/Saxon but more Ramones urgency and Nirvana depth.

Ok that's a shit attempt at a categorization. They're a rock band, simple. I guarantee after 3/4 listens you'll be singin' along to every tune here. I would have liked to see have seen them live before making a noise about them. Having seen several vids, I'm convinced they're genuine. By that I mean they're straight forward, no frills or gimmicks just four girls playing their music.

I've been trying to upload one of their Youtube vids here but I can't get it to work. I'm sure it's a fairly simple operation to do. You have to consider I'm an idiot though when it comes to things like this.

I've been wondering about the name Hedrons. The lead singer is called Tippi. I wonder if it's a ref to the famous Hitchcock film were the lead "Bird " was of course Tippi Hedron, theory?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home