Saturday, December 08, 2007

Foals (and the nightmare day from hell)

Wrexham, Central Station, 3/12/07.

Ok it may not have been a total nightmare day from hell, but it wasn't a good one. With the gig being in Wrexham I was going to crash at my sisters house and make my way back to work from there the following morning. This being the case I had to take a change of clothes etc to work with me.

Apart from leaving home without my umbrella and bus pass I also left my bag with all my change of clothes in it at a bus stop. I had to take a half day off work to go back home to get everything together again. Pissed off too that I'd lost my fave shirt and it had an S-K badge on it.
Anyway got up to Wrexham after two soakings in the rain. I got something to eat then went to Ruth & Pete's to drop my stuff and "check in" so to speak. Pete said he would give me a lift back to town. When I got out the car and went to check the time on my phone, no bloody phone, I've lost my mobile now. The only place it can be would be in the car, I'd have to check later.

Got to central station about 7:45 and they opened up at 8. I bought a drink and went down to the front, Corin's side. For this show they'd erected a metal barrier, great, my favorite.

First band on were Cage the Elephant an American band who played a sort of southern style punky blues, if that makes any sense.

Foals eventually came on. I'd seen these earlier in the year supporting The Noisettes. I thought they were pretty good so thought I'd keep an eye on them. The crowd here was really packed and I was crushed up against the barrier. They were super again, with the two guitarists set up to play at each other. This was a very lively show though every 5 mins a crowd surfer would land on my head. I didn't realize their profile would have increased so much in 6 months.

It has to said for the first time in my life I quit the front row with 2 songs to go. I found it was just too lively and I wasn't in the mood somehow after a shity day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home