Monday, April 23, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLOG.

Well it's been 1 year to the day since I set up "Little Red Book".
At the start I think I just thought I'd keep a diary, no specific topic just my life as it happened. It seems to have turned into a slightly different animal than that simple thought. I now generally use it for gig reviews or music related items. I post the odd non related item now and again but this will become a thing of the past as I now have the facility to post pics on my "Myspace blog". The opposite way to Andy really, He! He!
A lot of the post have been about or mentioned S-K. My trips to see them in the UK and in the States last year were more small essays. Sorry Julia don't intend to steal any thunder off your wonderful S-K blog. Those were posts I am proud of because when I read them now they bring back such great memories of seeing the ladies live and of all the wonderful people I met along the way. S-K do have the best fans that's official!.
I think I'm getting more adept at it now too as I now have a decent digital camera to post pics. It is sometimes difficult to take decent photo's during a gig. Though I do need to brush up on my photographic skills, or lack of.
I am considering doing album/band reviews as I do listen to (and buy) an awful lot of stuff. Again I would be very amateurish and crap at it but hey it's my blog, so well see.
Lastly a thank to anyone who has taken the time to read this. Thanks to people who have left comments and shown an interest in my unimportant life.
Especially to Andy, thanks for all your comments. I hope I've kept you up with some bands you love and introduced you to some you may never have come across.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats! It can be pretty tiring to keep up with all the shows but there are shows that are so good and so much fun that it would be a waste not to write about it. The ironic part of this is that I only wrote one review of the entire s-k shows, the Philly one. Someday I'll go back but now I just want to look forward.

I just found out Laura Veirs is playing in June a block from where I live so I might go check out her kookiness.

Anyways, keep up the good job and it's always fun to read about a show obsessed fanatic on the other side of the pond.

Monday, April 23, 2007 10:13:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday lil bloggie!

~Kori

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:46:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joyeux anniversaire mon ami! Keep up the great work and I'll keep up with the minutiae of Janet Weiss's musical endeavours :-)

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:16:00 pm  
Blogger Slight Male Coyote a life in the day of said...

Aw! thanks people.
Bit short of material at the mo, next gig not till neaxt Wed.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 8:33:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home