Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Band research problem.

(this years purchases, so far!)

So here's the thing, I have about 4/5 pages of A4 covered in band names. I just write them down when either I've heard a track on the radio or been recomended by some source. Picked up on the name through a review or by reading the varying on-line comunities I visit. Fact is there are bloody rucks of 'em. I struggle to get to listen/check them out, I need a system and more time than is humanly possible. My latest attempt features three highlighters,
Listened To (blue)
Downloaded (green)
"Must buy" (orange)
If I open "myspace music" + Amazon + A certain file shareing site I find I can get thru and form some sort of oppinion fairly quickly. The problem is then I end up with a list of too many records to buy than is possible.
Ah well!

2 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Thursday, November 30, 2006 12:46:00 am  
Blogger Andy said...

I think I bought more albums this year than in the previous 5 years combined.

I just make a grocery list whenever I hear something interesting and I'll take it to the record shop and just hear it there and decide.

oh and I see yr Philly poster. I have mine framed and hung up in my bedroom.

Thursday, November 30, 2006 12:47:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home