Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Victorian English Gentlemans Club. (updated #3)

Night & Day, Manchester 2/10.

Up to Manchester again, to see TVEGC. I was going a bit blind here, I haven't been able to find their album in this shity city. So I had to order it from the online rainforest and it hasn't turned up yet. Consequently I've only heard their 3 Myspace songs.
Got to Man'r in good time 4:15 ish. Booked into the hotel I've used several times, which is literally 100 yards from the venue. Decided to have a good wander round to find somewhere decent to eat. I've struggled with this aspect this year. Every half decent looking restaurant is bloody Italian. I have nothing against Italian food as long as it's the real thing and not pizza/pasta based. Can't find a good independant French bistro type place for love nor money, and god forbid an English restaurant, they don't exist in this country. Ok rant over, I ate in an Italian place blah, blah, blah.

The Victorian English Gentlemans Club are a three piece from Cardiff ! Two girls, Louise (bass) Emma (drums) and Adam (guitar). They play slightly angular punkish tunes, with a decent rhythm. They played a ten song set, of which only two I recognised from their Myspace. I took up residence stage right (Corin's fault) which turns out to be Louise' side (see pic). Doesn't she remind you of a young Corin Tucker (sigh). Enjoyed them though, and had a chat with Louise and Emma after the show. They were telling me they are playing Manchestr again mid Nov with You Say Party We Say Die (saw them earlier in the year, good too) at the Roadhouse this time.
Damn! the date is the 14/11 a Tues which falls directly between the two Rogers gigs on the Mon and the Wed. I can't, I just can't. Three gigs in three nights I'd be dead like last time, hmm! won't be as scorchingly hot though.
Well see.
Update - The album arrived today!!!
Update#2 I've booked to go to the gig on the 14th
Update#3 The album is tremendous, def top 4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home