Thursday, August 31, 2006

"Promiscuous makes an enterance"

Metric/Scissors for lefty. Manchester Life Cafe 30/8/06 .
Great opening line to a song that!

Went up to Manchester (again) to see Metric on Wed. Had a nice surprise when I found out Scissors for lefty were supporting. The Life Cafe is a small club with barely a stage. It's set in the corner of the place and not too bad to view as long as you're right up front or at the back which has steps going up to the bar. I of course was right at the front, stage right. I seem to get drawn there, that's Corins fault!! Scissors for lefty were very good the singer had a Jarvis Cocker feel about him. I only recognised one song, which isn't bad as I've only downloaded 3/4 of their stuff. Enjoyed 'em though so I must get their album, yeah should have bought it there I know.


Metric eventually came on with Emily wearing a very see-thru top, and nothing underneath. Much to the dismay of a girl next to me who's boyfriend couldn't take his eyes off her, ok me neither. They opened with "Empty" the 1st song on the album. Played most of "Live it out" plus 2 other songs I didn't recognise. Highlight was "Monster Hospital" which totaly rocked. I was stood quite near the bass player and had to move my head at times in case he clobbered me. The guitarist had I think the biggest effects board I've ever seen. It was huge about twice the size of Carries. They didn't play an encore though, just did their set and went. Good though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home