Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Spoon & White Rabbits

Manchester Academy 3, 15/2/10.

Here was a rarity Spoon playing the UK and even more rare in Manchester. So off to Manchester I toddled. It was a bitterly cold night again so the door staff let the early few of in to wait in the bar before going up to Academy 3 on the top floor. It was a sold out show so this helped.

I'd found out earlier that the support was going to be a band called White Rabbits from NYC. I had heard of them but hadn't really checked them out. They are a six piece guitar based band who were quite eclectic in they're sound due to the fact they did swap instruments with almost every song. They were fairly entertaining though.Spoon came on and I found myself more or less in front of Brit Daniel. They opened with "Mystery Zone" probably the most immediate song on the album. They went on to play most of their well known songs.

On a couple of songs too they brought on a couple of members of White Rabbits to help out with percussion. One highlight was "Turn my camera on" which they seemed to really beef up and extend the musical passage.
At the end I got Daniels set list and he came out to the front of the sage and chatted to the fans still hanging aroun. I shook his hand and told him it.s good to see them play Manchester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home