Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The Victorian English Gentlemans Club (MKll)

The Ruby Lounge, Manchester 3/8/09.

During their period of inactivity The VEG Club have become a four piece and sadly have shed the lovely Emma Damon.
There were four bands listed to play tonight with the VEGC last on. I got to the Ruby just gone seven thirty and got straight in, first as usual. I was followed in by the familiar face of a lad I know from many a gig in the Northwest. We chatted saying we were both in the same boat this year as finances are dictating our limited gig going.

I spotted Adem and Lou setting up a merch stall and they walked over to say hi. I asked what had happened to Emma. Lou said "we had a fight, it wasn't very amicable". So they now have a guy on drums, whose name I forget and a young lady on guitar no2, whose name I also forget.

The first three bands were not much a shoegazey MBV type band a metal band !!! and a arty rock almost Killers type bunch, nuff said.

TVEGC set up in a more standard way Adem center Lou on his left and the new girl on the right. They opened with 'Backwards' of the first album but mostly the set was of new material including the single 'Parrot'.

The new material sounded good with typical shouty vocal from Lou. I did notice that Emm's bell was on the drum kit, aw poor Emm's.

Hey all bands move on and so begins the MKII version of the Veg Club. I told Lou after they were sounding good and bought the new single on 7" and a T. Roll on the album release next month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home