Friday, November 14, 2008

Magnet School

Sound Movement (not) / Magnet School, Korova, Liverpool, 25/9/08.

This was the first day of my holiday and I was spending the night in Liverpool to catch up with Andrew, Kat and Graham of the Sound Movement. At the venue was a notice saying that SM had to cancel, bugger!!


So the support band called Magnet School played for a free entry. As usual not too many people about and as they were setting up I noticed a guy taking and testing a video camera. I thought to myself I know you from somewhere. Next thing he comes up to me and I recognise him as Graham the Sound Movement drummer. He tells me Andrew had been badly beaten on the London Underground the night before. Thus preventing him from travelling for the the gig. We had a good chat and he introduced us to the people from Magnet School.

As for the gig itself MS were ok, quite loud with a Sonic Youth/Pavement influence but ok as a support band. At least we got to a band though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home