Sunday, July 20, 2008

John & Jehn

Night & Day, Manchester, 16/7/08.

As I have previously shouted I love the album by this French duo. When I spotted they were playing the Night & Day I just had to go and see them. They were third on a bill of four bands, headlining were 'Cut of your hands' a band I know about but Na!! Two other bands I didn't know but I was there just to see J&J basically. Got to the N&D to find out that J&J were on third of the four bands playing. I bought a drink and went over to stand by the piano. Whilst fiddling around with my camera as the first band came on, who were, well, crap. I dropped my camera only for it to crack against the corner of the piano. After plenty of swearing and pressing of buttons, it's bust!!












I had to opt for plan b, my shitty phone camera. The second band on weren't much either, another four piece guitar band. Though I will add here the guitarist who had all the posses and moves was able to back it with his musicianship. Band weren't up to much though.


John and Jehn started setting up. John plays guitar on stage left with Jen to the right on keys. To my surprise she also plays some songs on bass. This was very good too as she and John played at and against each other when she came out from behind her keyboard. There was a very good chemistry between them too which added to the show. When they were going to play '20 L 07' John announced that he normally play's this wearing his sunglasses, but couldn't find his. He asked if anyone had a pair he could borrow. Being at the front of a very small crowd I handed John my sunglasses.


I absolutely love this pair. I shouted about their album a week or so ago and having now seen them live I am even more entranced. Yeah ok, Jehn's cute but I fell in love with the album before.........


With my camera broke and having to take pics with my not very good phone. I spotted a guy taking photos who looked very professional. At the end I went up and asked if he didn't mind sending me a few of his shots. So a thank you too Martin for the very good b/w photos posted here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home