Sunday, July 27, 2008

Grand Architects

Telfords Warehouse, Chester, 18/7/08.

A few weeks ago when I was up in Liverpool to see the Sound Movement, I was speaking with Natalie and Nina. Nina told me that she would be playing Telfords in a few weeks so I promised her I'd be there.

I turned up at Telfords just before 9 as it was free before then. Ok I'm a cheapskate. It appeared that GA were the only band on though.

I bought a drink and had a wander round. A guy came up to me and asked if he knew me from somewhere and was I in a band, yeah 30 years ago mate!!. His name was Barry and was from a local band called Frank, must check them out. At about 9.15 I went down to the stage area. Nina spotted me and came over to say hi, she told me they would be starting at about nine thirty.

Grand Architects are a four piece led by Nina on acoustic and electric guitar and vocals. They play a sort of upbeat rockabilly folk style if that makes sense. It is very catchy though. To me it seems as though there four very different characters here. Good musicians too though a special mention to the bass player who is excellent. They seem to gel together well from four corners .

I enjoyed them though.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home