Friday, April 11, 2008

Rue Royale

Rue Royale, View2 Gallery, Liverpool. 4/4/08


I'd noticed RR were playing a small show in Liverpool and with loving their album decided to pop up and see them. I got off the train at Moorfields, oh my god! I'd forgotten it was Aintree Races, Grand National weekend too. Liverpool was swarming with drunk, loud mutants. I had planned to get something to eat before going to the View2 but there was no chance every eatery was full to the rafters. I ended up eating at an Indian on Bold St, which was crap.

Got to the View2 just gone 8 and there were quite a few people there though mostly the entourage of the 4 artists playing. As usual they were late starting and the first two acts who were straight forward acoustic singer/songwriter types played to a room full of chatter and laughter. This pissed me off a little as I was trying to listen a little more attentively than the rest of people there.

By the time Rue Royale came on it was 11pm which meant I had 10 mins before I had to scarper for the train. I managed to catch 2 songs and very good they were too, I just wish they either started earlier or I could have stayed longer. I ran out at 11:10 onto the throng of now even drunker mutants and got my last train home. This was a shitty night, see they don't all go great.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

Damn that sucks! At least you caught a few songs but still. I guess there's always that one show that goes wrong. Mutants!

Thursday, April 17, 2008 8:45:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Hey,
Thanks for coming out to the show at the view2 in Liverpool. We're very sorry for the late start. That was a bit of a strange night for us as well. The crowd didn't even seem to notice we were there so, it's nice to know that you were (even if it were only 2 songs:).

Keep an eye out, hopefully we'll be coming back through the UK this Autumn.

Best,
Brookln

Sunday, April 27, 2008 1:57:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home