Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Spreading even more Gossip


Gossip - Roadhouse, Manchester 4/11/06


Off to see the Gossip for the second time in a week, hoping the Manchester crowd will be a bit more lively. With all the exposeure they've been getting recently you'd have thought there would be a good buz in the audience.

This time I'm staying in the Crow & Anchor a pub just 2 mins walk from the Roadhouse. Dead basic but for £25 you can't complain. I was running a bit late for time so I decide to not go for a meal and just have a sandwich and go after the gig. It's a nice little traditional pub so I decide to have a couple of pints before heading off. Stood at the bar minding my own business enjoying a good pint of Taylors Landlord, in walk a couple of girls who are obviously going to the gig. I'm sure I've seen you before I think to myself, but don't say anything a natural shyness in unfamiliar territory I suppose. They buy their drinks and go and take a seat round the corner. Then another girl walks in too meet the other two, and comes up to the bar. "are you going to the Gossip?" I ask "yes" she replies, after a brief conversation S-K is mentioned. I'm then invited to join them all and am introduced to Jenny and Sian we chat away about Gossip, S-K, then Erase Errata is mentioned, it turns out they too were at the Leeds gig and it was Jenny who during the encore was handed Jennys guitar to play with them onstage. I anounce at this point that I actually have a pic of her on my phone playing (that's where I recognise her from) how weird was that? Anyway we get on realy well and head off to the gig together. When we get in the front row is already taken so I manage to get up behind them on Brace's side this time. They have put those big black boxes in front of the stage which aren't too bad cuz they're a decent height to lean on. The same support acts follow (I'm getting quite used to Comonechi now) By the time the Gossip take the stage the crowd is pretty packed in and it's certain to be lively. Gossip totaly rocked here they seemed to feed of the crowd and us off them. I started center stage and ended up way stage left the crowd was that rockin'. Beth spent most of the show up on the boxes, which realy got us into it. She clasped hands with me again, during "Listen up" this time. Again they finished on a total rock out with SITWOC. In all it was the best I've seen them and with the exception of S-K the best gig I've been to this year.

I shook hands with Brace after the show and told him it was one of the best this year. I didn't hang around for long as I was hungry so I said goodbye to Jenny and Sian and their crew and headed of for some food.


2 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

LOL You spelled Erase Errata wrong again!

Great photos and a great review. I'm so jealous that you clasped hands again. Their albums are great but their live shows are amazing, so much energy.

Saturday, November 11, 2006 11:18:00 am  
Blogger Slight Male Coyote a life in the day of said...

Jeez, I must have a mental bloc on the EE spelling!!
I'll stick to EE from now on people will know who I mean by now.
Thanks Andy.

Saturday, November 11, 2006 10:05:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home