Wednesday, November 01, 2006

More Gossip


Gossip - Liverpool Academy 29/10/06
Up to Liverpool last Sun to see the Gossip. Got there about 5:30, booked into the hotel and set off to find the Chilean restaurant Tim had recomended. Closed! so across the road was a nice French bistro (are you listening Manchester). The place just right too not too packed but full enough to create a nice dining ambience.
Got to the venue at about 7:40 and collected my venue pick-up ticket. It's the first time I've been to the Academy in Liverpool. A smallish place on two levels the stage (and lower) area on the right and the bar/seating area a good 4ft higher on the left. The main negative thing about it was one of those awfull metal barriers 3ft in front of the stage. Beth made a coment about it calling it BS!!
A couple of warm up acts play first, then a band called Comanechi, who I recognised because they'd supported the Gossip in Manchester earlier in the year. A two piece drum and guitar band ala' Giant Drag.
By the time the Gossip came on the place had filled up but not what I would call packed. I got to the front right of the stage, leaning on the barrier. The Gossip rattled thru a great set(I'm crap at remembering set lists) mostly from SITWOC. The highlight being the title track itself which ended the main set. In all they are a great live band and Beth has a great stage presence. One moan though the guy to my left and the two girls to my right barely moved a muscle throughout. It seems most of the danceing action was by a small group front right.
Off to see 'em again on Sat in Manchester this time, can't wait.



1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

argh I'm so jealous. I mean, I saw them last month but still...

It really burns me when people up front aren't dancing especially for the Gossip for christ sake! I mean, I'll even take the head bobs but just standing still up front is no rock and roll fun.

Another thing I noticed in the handful of their shows is that Brace and Hannah regularly are out and about before the show but I never see Beth until they are up.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 11:17:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home