Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Quasi, The Roadhouse Manchester 22/8/06



I managed to get to the station and get the 17:54 train to Manchester. I was a little late getting in but I got to my hotel by ten past seven. I litteraly just chucked some stuff in my room and legged it to the Crow&Anchor to meet Tim and Bev. We had a couple of beers and walked dow the road to the venue. Got in there about 8:15, Janet soon apeared behind the merch desk and imediately recognised me stood at the corner of the bar. I went over to have a chat, I thanked her for the water she handed out at Philly. She said at times she could barely get her breath in there but enjoyed it all the same. After a coup-le of suport acts (not realy worth mentioning, sorry) Quasi came on and opened with "Alice the goon" The sound was a little too bass/drum heavy and you could barely hear Sams vocals. It didn't bother me though it made Janet sound even more awsome. I can't provide a set list I'm crap at that sot of thing. The sound did sort itself out towards the end though and they ended the main set with "Death culture blues" which Janet counted in. They encoured with a few more songs, by this time my mate Tim who I'd badgered to come and see 'em was proclaiming Sam to be a genius. After the show Janet took up residence at the merch table again and Tim bought WTGGD (on vynil!!!) and Hot Sh*t.


As a nice touch when Janet had had enough she made a point of coming over to say goodbye, I told her it'll be a while before I see her again, she shook my hand smiled and said see ya.

She rocks!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 8:32:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home