Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Sound Movement

Liverpool Sound City, Bumper, 29/5/08.

I'd noticed the Sound Movement were playing in Liverpool as part of the 'Sound City' festival. They sent me a message saying where and when they were playing. They were on early so I had to get up to Liverpool for 7pm. I got to Bumper just gone 7, there was a stage in front set up but I could hear SM sound checking in the back. I walked through and there was another stage in the back. I noticed a running order on the wall and they were using the two stages alternatively as one band finished another started on the other. The Sound Movement were the first band on of the evening and playing on the back stage. They were due to start at 7:30. I went back through to the front bar and got a drink, then Kat came through and came over and said Hi. She also gave a cd of some of their new stuff, which was very nice of her.

The SM played a good set nearly all new material which sounded good too. They actually seemed quite relaxed with the new stuff to. The sound wasn't too bad either. When they finished I could hear a band about to start on the front stage so made my way round. I stayed on the balcony as opposed to going to the floor as a) it was the better view point and b) I'd be able to get back to the 'back' stage quickly. Second band were just a typical four piece Liverpool guitar band just then I noticed my nephew Nathan walk in the door. He soon spotted me and waved up. He came up to say hi and asked if I was there to see Nina's band 'The Grand Architects'?. Embarrassingly I had to say no as I didn't realize they were playing. Then I spotted my niece Natalie (Nath's sister) walk in with her boyfriend James. We all had a nice little chat a hug. It then time for Nina's band to play. They play a rockabilly folk type fusion which actually was very enjoyable. There was a decent crowd watching, though mostly friends and acquaintances. In fairness though they were very good, good musicians too. They set up with drums, bass (who was excellent) guitar and Nina on acoustic and vocals.
Later Nina told me that they were playing Telford's in Chester next month. I made a note of the date and told her I will definitely be there. I took a nice pic Nat and Nina too.

It turned out to be an enjoyable evening and nice to see Nathan and Natalie as we only ever seem to see each at Xmas these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home