Friday, May 30, 2008

Is Chester climbing the musical map?

Last night I was chatting to my nephew's girlfriend Nina who's band 'The Grand Architects' had just played at a Sound City gig in Liverpool. I was there to see the Sound Movement and unaware she was playing. She told me they were playing Telfords in Chester in July. We synchronized diary's and I told her I would be there.

I thought I'd just check the Telfords web site today to see if they were listed and just check details really. Imagine my surprise when scrolling down the events in July to be faced with a pic of Laura Veirs. Yes Nina's band is listed on the 18th but four days before is sweet kooky Laura. I starred at this for a few mins, checked Laura's site and myspace. I'm on her mailing list so I was thinking is this right, I haven't heard anything. Nothing listed anywhere but the tickets were for sale and I bought one so YEAH Laura's playing in Chester.

Thea Gilmore is also playing in Telfords next month too (she resides locally now though) so Chester's moving up the music venue map.
So Thea, Laura now just K to complete the great triumvirate! now there's a thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home