Sunday, June 04, 2006

Glasgow 31/5/06


Next leg- I set off from Leeds now with Corins and Carries set lists in my pocket. It was a lovely day too and the train journey took in the famous Settle to Carlisle route. Worth the £79 train fare just for that. I get to Glasgow and discover I have a mild problem, I have a venue pick-up ticket, but with no address of the venue! Hmmm, ok a tourist info at the station me thinks. Glasgow Central is a big station, could I find any tourist info? of course not. In desperation I ask a neanderthall station guard, "Ayyee its a pub off the Great Western Rd"
So with some from of bearings I get a cab to the hotel. Nice place, tidy, pleasant staff. Sort myself out and head off down the Great Western Rd.
Eventually find the place and it's a friggin church litterally a church, S-K are gonna play in church!!. The gig venue is in the basement of this place such a cool venue, they do pick the best ones. This time I go back to Corins side but slightly more central. I get chatting to a lad from Doncaster who it turns out is a Wrexham fan, small world. They open with Fox again then Pompei (yay!) It is evident then that this is a very lively crowd I had to keep my hands on the stage to stop from getting crushed. Sean would have been impressed with that mosh pit.
Great set again but it was during the encore I "lost it" again Turn it on but this time they did a seamless link into Dig me out. That was so good I started to fill up. Damn they're a fine rock'n'roll band. At the end Chris comes over for a quick chat, we're both exhausted and soaked from the full velocity of the show, Idon't think we could put too many words together.
I just wander off into the Glasgow night dazed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home