Friday, June 02, 2006

Bristol 29/5/06


Where to start?
The Fiddlers club, a venue in the south end of Bristol in a slightly run down dodgy area. We got there (sorry we being Crosbysleftear and myself) at about doors time to get a good spek.
A good vunue though, an old stone warehouse affair with a corner stage. Got the front position right in front of Corin. With the place being a basic box the ladies had to enter from a side door to an alleyway! Probably had to change in the outhouse. Support act Help she can't swim were ok, must check their stuff out.
S-K took the stage and launched straight into O2. The sound was superb I thought with the place being literaly a stone box the sound would be shit. Janets drum sound was the crispest I've heard it. The set was all the Woods material (expt Steep Air) plus Sympathy, such a great live song. Ironclad, how good is that? and Get Up. They ended the main set as usual with Lets call it love/Entertain, the jam now involes Corin & Janet more and is just awsome. As the opening bars to Entrtain started I grabed Corins set list YAY! I can't remember the encore now but it did include Words & Guitar. After the show I was just stood talking by the "outhouse" door when in walk Corin and Janet, I get to shake Corins and Janets hand and say great show. How good is that?
I mean how much better can it get? my lasting impression of that show is that I don't think I've seen Corin rock out so much in one gig. Janet has reportedly said It's the best show they have ever played.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home