Saturday, June 03, 2006

Leeds 30/5/06

So with Bristol still ringing in my ears and Corins set list in my pocket. I set off for Leeds.
Train cancelled. That's a good start, anyway eventually get there (1hr late). The Cockpit is a small club set under the railway arches, just round the corner from the hotel too. I have a quick sniff of it while on the way to the hotel. Once I get sorted I went up to a little pub off Bridgate I remembered from last year. I eventually meet up with Iwannarunaway and Crosby, we have a few light refreshments before getting to the venue early, again as to get to the front of the stage. This time I get the space stage left, right in front of Carrie. They revert back to normal and open with The Fox, again all The Woods (expt Steep Air). The extras tonight were End of You, didn't expect that! One Beat, Everything (yippee!) Light Rail (extra yippee!) Youth Decay, what a great set. When Carrie came out for the encore she just said "Any Requests?". WHAT! I just couldn't get my brain and mouth to function, anyway by popular demand One More Hour. As they finished I leant over and grabbed Carries set list, 2 in 2 nights, this just gets better.
In a daze I make my way to a little pub round the corner from the venue, phew! another great gig. Whilst stood at the bar three people walk in closer to my age than most of the S-K crowd. I notice they have the Cockpit stamp on their hands, so I ask them if they went to the show, they did. S-K virgins too It was their 1st S-K gig, usual reaction "great band live, and that drummer". Yep Janet rocks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home