Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy New - Er ! Febuary.

I meant to do this post in Jan and welcome in the year and give hopes and fear, state of play etc. Hey 6 weeks late ain't too bad, Ahem!!
Firstly it's been quite a prolific year for new releases, normally Jan/Feb are slow on new stuff but this year loads of known artists have released stuff. Decemberists, Polly Harvey, BSP, Wire, Gang of4, JAPW, Gruff Rhys and Deerhhoof. Some good discoveries along the way too incl Anna Calvi, Jonny and Tu Fawning. Lots to go at for the first weeks of the year really.
On the minus point no gigs !!! there has just been nothing I have been able to get to. There have been some shows I would have liked to have seen but couldn't make them for whatever reason. I'm sure things will pick up in this department as some faves come out of hibernation, are you listening Veg Club!!
As I post I'm only a few weeks away from my 50Th birthday, it doesn't feel an issue in terms of me being depressed or down about it. In fact I'm quite looking forward to it. Karen and I are going to Paris for 5 days so I will spend my birthday in Paris and we've booked an evening dinner cruise on the Seine (of course). We intend to have a bit of a family get together over the weekend before but details yet to be finalised.
So there we go quite a full on start to the year hence the late post (well it's the only excuse I can offer)
All being well I'll get a gig in shortly and post that, until then I'll just update with stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home